Friday, January 15, 2010

I made a freaking awesome book




I am so stoked with how this turned out.  It's my second go at coptic binding and I'm pretty sure I nailed it this time (well aside from the few torn bits but they don't count).  Used a pad of 18x24" Stratford 80lb drawing paper for the bulk of it (the covers are the board from the back).  Bound with waxed cotton thread, I only had black and white waxed linen and neither looked right.






Here's the inside of the front cover.  I love this paper.  I only had one sheet so the inside of the back cover is a different one I had on hand.  I almost can't wait to fill up my current journal with this beauty waiting for me!

And a couple of pages:




Yesterday's page, "Reassemble Me."



Spread from today, "Walk Away." Side note, freaking love this background, it looks like leather in real life.  I really wish I could remember what I did.  I do know tissue paper and gel medium were involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment